17 Dec 12 ways to be more sustainable this Christmas
We know it’s not always cost effective, easy or convenient to live life in a planet friendly way, so we’ve given you 12 easy, low cost and convenient ways that you can help our planet in the lead up to Christmas!
- Use recyclable wrapping paper, reuse old magazines, newspaper or brown paper
- Buy eco-friendly Christmas cards or even plantable ones
- Make your own Christmas Crackers at home
- Buy a real tree instead of an artificial one, or even better, rent one!
- Consider the amount of plastic presents you buy – are there wooden or eco-friendly alternatives?
- Buy a sustainable gift for your loved ones to pop in their stockings
- For that special person who has everything why not plant a tree in their name or make a donation to charity instead?
- Avoid non-eco glitter on cards and wrapping paper
- Choose eco-friendly sticky tape
- Using LED lights instead of incandescent ones – this can reduce energy usage by up to 80%
- Consider a meat free feast over the Christmas period
- If you’re having a clear out before the big day, consider donating toys and clothes to those who need it the most.